Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ycul

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, NY
Hi everyone. I've come across this forum more times than I can remember whenever I've had any questions about my tortoises, so it only seemed natural for me to join.

I have two Russian tortoises, one I've had for about three years (Marvin) and the other I have had for about four months (Barry). I believe both are males, Barry has been undergoing de-worming in his own little quarantine ever since I got him for pin worms and my senior tortoise, Marvin, is living in his own enclosure doing his best to stay worm free! I attached pictures of Barry being messy with a tomato (laced with de-wormer, of course) and Marvin eating his tomato with a bit more refinement.

I hope to keep learning more about them and other tortoises from these forums!

Lucy

Attachments

• bb barry.jpg
    bb barry.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 23
  • maymay.jpg
    maymay.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 17

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Lucy and welcome to being an "official" member of TFO! What is it, you like about Russians? :tort:

Ycul

5 Year Member
Long Island, NY
Jacqui said:
Hi Lucy and welcome to being an "official" member of TFO! What is it, you like about Russians? :tort:

Thanks! It was about time a made an account and just stopped being an observer.

Russians just sort of ended up being my tortoise of choice from being the only type Petco and PetSmart carried. And of course both stores also gave both of my tortoises tons of parasites as an additional bonus. Now I've just become a Russian fan and contemplating looking into a Red Foot in the future. :)

Ycul

5 Year Member
Long Island, NY
slowpoke said:
Welcome to the forum :) love the pics

Thanks! I used an iPhone app, Instagram, to take those pictures. For being just standard photo filters it does a really cool job!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Lucy:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think those two large chains have gotten a lot of folks into the world of tortoise keeping. :D Redfoots too.

Status
Not open for further replies.