Hi

Michelangalo

Location (City and/or State)
Dubai
Hi. I'm Michelangalo's owner. He is a young greek tortoise and newly gotten. so if you know anything on: How to gain its trust, or any tips on taking care of a greek tortoise, please do tell me. I would be glad to know :]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi. I'm Michelangalo's owner. He is a young greek tortoise and newly gotten. so if you know anything on: How to gain its trust, or any tips on taking care of a greek tortoise, please do tell me. I would be glad to know :]
Hello and welcome.

Start here:

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Welcome. It is great you are trying to provide the best for your tortoise.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Hi! We would love to see some pictures. Remember, that tortoises don't like change and it will take it awhile to settle, before you can really inspect a tortoises behavior.

Tortoise training, especially target training is a debatable topic and still need more research, BUT to get your tortoise used to you I recommend routines. So simply consistent heating, lightning, feeding and soaking schedule, When the tortoise knows what is to be expected, it feels more secure and will get used to you. They can learn to connect that certain things lead to another. Using this you can teach a some form of recall, target training (
) or climbing on your hand on command. Handling while bathing and inspecting your tortoise will get easier with time.

But it is very important to remember that tortoise training doesn't work like dog training. Tortoises don't want to please you and don't understand mammal cues.