hi

memk

Location (City and/or State)
Turkey
hello everyone , new to the forum ...just posted for help as my son found a baby on the sidewalk and we want to look after it .
thanks for any help or advise .
its very cute and we think we would make good parents .
we have named him " Turbo "

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21

Alaskamike

South Florida
If you would take a photo of the top of his shell, identification would be possible. It may be you know what type of tortoise this is already. Getting help i the details of care need to be tortoise specific.

This may be a wild tortoise, one native to your area, if so you will most likely find that many members here would discourage keeping as a pet - rather encourage letting it go in a safe area to possibly grow up and breed. But whatever the outcome, welcome to the forum. Here we are a world-wide community of hobbyists interested in the keeping of tortoises in optimum environments. We are also very diverse in our opinions - and not bashful about sharing them :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). So very cute. Once you get it ID, If it's native to your area, put it back into the wild near where you found him, yet in a safe place. If he isn't native, then someone here can help you with proper temps and humidity.

memk

Turkey
thanks !
i started this thread ...
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/found-a-baby-on-the-sidewalk-help.115153/#post-1069257
i think its a girl (from reading sexing descriptions) and id as a "greek tortoise " aka "spur thighed tortoise " .
just doing my best to figure out what to do , i think the area around here is too dangerous to set her free .
too many feral cats and street dogs ...there are lots of vets here to find help .
thanks for the welcome .

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) Soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute :)