Hi - looking 4 advice first

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXColtzFanXx

5 Year Member
Hi, Ive posteed in the tort section on bearded dragon.org and was helpfully directed here. The plan is aproximatly 160gallons, the dimensions would be: 4.67 Length and 2.75 width with about 1.75 feet height. So aproximatly 12.8 square feet. Im in northern Canada so weather outside yearround isnt ideal but the summer would see an enclosure nearly double this. With some help from the BD forum Im considering a Russian tortoise. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas for an enclosure this size or even one requiring slightly larger. (If so please specify.)

Im open to hints, help and suggestions. I want all my bases covered before I get a tortoise but it is somthing Ive been considering for some timme now.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. A russian should do fine in that size enclosure, but the bigger the better. I'd build a big outdoor enclosure too, so that during favorable weather he can get some sun and exercise.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
russians are hard to come by up in canada. Sounds like a good choice though, they are great little torts.

Sorry forgot the welcome to the forum.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Welcome! There are some good suggestions on russiantortoise.org.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi xXColtzFanXx:

Welcome to the forum!! May we know your name?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum :)
I agree with that the bigger the better... Be sure to make the enclosure as big as you can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.