Hi just joined..we are getting a sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmlmomma

5 Year Member
Hello I'm Janine, we live in east central Florida on an acre of land. our back yard is chain link fenced maybe 1/2-3/4 of our land... anyway...My daughter (Lindsey who is joining user name "Owlii" also) is getting a rescued 12" sulcata tortoise. We are going to build it an outdoor area that will be 8' x 8' til it gets bigger.
Looking forward to all the help and information we can get from here!
Thank you,
Janine

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) How exciting for you. You will fall instantly in love and probably will start looking for more to have. Just remember though, tortoises like to be alone, so your soon to be sulcata won't want a room mate. Don't forget pics when you get him or her.

jmlmomma

5 Year Member
Thanks for the welcome... This is really going to be my daughters but for a while it will be in my back yard! I'm looking through the forum now for advice on having one outdoors in florida....

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Sulcatas are a great choice, and great tortoises, But you have to be very careful, "They Multiply" and you don't even notice it happening. Last spring I had two, one adult and one two year old, this winter I have six, and each one has it's own individual personality.

circus girl

5 Year Member
kansas
:D Welcome. i also just joined and love this forum. all my questions are answered right here. there seems to be no drama and everyone is very welcoming. good luck with your tort.:tort:

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome..yes, its true..each one has their own personality. From one sulcata owner to another..good luck and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.