Hi I'm new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

colatoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I was referred by my local vet and close friend. I am currently looking to adopt one or maybe two Greek tortoises. I want only captive bred and prefer an adult or juvenile, but haven't ruled out a baby. I live in South Carolina and it doesn't seem to be easy to find torts here except at Petsmart. Thanks for your time

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi colatoise:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Who is your vet? I'm wondering how he/she knew about our forum.

What would you like us to call you?

Do you have any tortoises now?

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
- my vet is a longtime family friend. She probably searched the app store to find the forum. My name is Charles. I have rescued box turtles, sliders, snappers, painted turtles and musk turtles, but never had a tortoise before. I have always wanted one but never had the room until recently.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Have you done a post in the wanted section? Lots of good breeders here on the forum. Occasionally somebody will be selling last years hold backs.

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
Ok so after tons of reading I am at a stalemate. I'm trying to decide if I should get a Greek or Russian as my first tort. I have kept many turtles before, but this is my first tort. Any suggestions or comments gratefully accepted please!

Niki

5 Year Member
I've had my Russian for about 7 months now, and absolutely love her. She was given to me by a friend who had to move. She lives in an enclosure in my backyard... and loves to be outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.