Hi I'm new to this and torts

VolderTort

Yesterday I got a hermann tortoise . He is said to be one year old so not old enough to tell whether boy or girl . I have a wooden table house some salad in it and I bowl of water . At the moment he's sleeping but I haven't seen him eat yet or drink I'm not sure if I'm giving him the right food or drink and whether it is fully accessible to him . Any advice guys . Btw I love this forum it's really friendly .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

If you put your Hermanni question in the Hermanii section you might get more responses. I don't know much about that species, so I'll let someone else answer your questions. But a tortoise in a new environment usually stays hidden until he feels comfortable or safe enough to come out.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . We do like Picts of torts and enclosures .ImageUploadedByTortForum1394811529.674211.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

VolderTort

Thank you guys I'm sure to send some pics of my new tort and I got the tort from the company called thetortoiseshop they are really good and said it is one year old it fits in the size of my palm and is relatively small tho not new born