Hi from South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

onefish

5 Year Member
Hi, I became a tortoise admirer last month when my I visited my friend in Arizona. She forced me to look at some baby Leopards in a pet store and I was hooked.

I haven't got a tortoise yet; I've been doing my research to pick the best one for my area's climate. I'm leaning towards a Redfoot, it should do well outdoors during the summer, and we'll just have to find the space for a tortoise table indoors during winter.

Can anyone recommend good info sites and good sites/ people to purchase young tortoises from? I found tortoiseyard.com and it looks like its run by someone responsible and conscientious.

It should be awhile before I make any kind of purchase; I'd like to have both indoor and outdoor enclosures ready before the tortoise gets here.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Those little leopards caught you up in their sweet magic well didn't they? :D Glad you found your way here.

We have several very good redfoot breeders in here.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum... We do have several members on here that breed redfoot tortoises...

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Hello and Welcome! This site is wonderful and offers a plethora of information. I would look on the forum under the specific species you are looking for (redfoot) and even find some breeders. I'm sure they too have a lot of information/care sheet to provide to you and how to get started on your setup. Also, you could try placing a wanted ad on here as well.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Sooooooo, how many fish do you have? :D

onefish

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Hello and welcome.

Sooooooo, how many fish do you have? :D

2 Oranda goldfish in a 55 gallon aquarium.

Onefish refers to a couple things, but mainly Dr. Suess' "One Fish, Two Fish; Red Fish, Blue Fish." I joke that that's how goldfish keeping ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.