Hi from Seattle - looking for greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlynB

5 Year Member
Hello!

My name is Karlyn... I've got a rambunctious cbb T. carolina triunguis named Millhouse and a chill cbb Colombian redtail named Skeletor. I'm currently preparing indoor and outdoor habitats in anticipation of a 2011 baby greek... very excited! Millhouse, Skeletor and I traveled across the country together and are now in Seattle where I'm working on a PhD in biology.

I'd love to hear recommendations/warnings about ibera breeders, especially those on the W. coast.

As a grad student I have free access to primary literature so would be happy to look up herp related citations for folks who can't find free full text online.

cheers, all!
Karlyn

Attachments

• IMG_3677.jpg
    IMG_3677.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 17

Balboa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PNW
Howdy neighbor!

Good choice on greeks, not that I own any yet, but they seem a very practical choice for tortoise keeping.

I hope you get active here. You got me thinking..... where to start on texts.... not even sure, but I'd love to have access to the resources you do.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Hi and welcome! I'm also near Seattle. :) There are a few reptile expos here a year. I think the best is the NW Captive Breeders Expo at the Puyallup Fairgrounds, Oct 15-16 this year. Largest and seems to have the most torts. Not sure of individual breeders though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Karlyn:

Welcome to the forum!!

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Welcome to the wonderful world of tortoises!! Beware, it is an illness shared by many! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.