Hi Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah43

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Hi! I'm new also. My name is Sarah, and my almost-yearling Sulcata tortoise is called Lizzie. Short for Elizibeth. My best friend is the proud owner of her will-be boyfriend William. They were impulse buys at the fair last fall. Yeah yeah, I realize how dumb that is NOW! In the mean time, I have fallen in love with Lizzie and have resigned myself to the fact that she will quickly go from pet to roommate, and I am fully prepared to give up half of my living space. :) We are very happy and doing great.

I do have one major question. I am having some trouble finding a decent tort vet. My sister's little buddy we ordered online stopped eating and was sick, and we looked up suggestions online, but the vet we ended up taking him too wasn't so much a tort vet as he was a vet that happened to own a tortoise. I'm trying to find a really knowledgeable tort vet somewhere near Spokane, WA before I actually need it this time. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!! Thanks!

BTW, attached is Lizzie exploring my kitchen. :)

Attachments

• Cassie's b-day 040b.jpg
    Cassie's b-day 040b.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 29

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Welcome to the forum Sarah and Lizzie !!! Lizzie is SOOOOO cute !!! This is a great place for you to learn all about how to care for your cutie tort, and how to keep yourself and her happy :D Just ask away, theres a Sulcata section, many people will help with any questions you have!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Lizzie is really cute! Welcome to the forum - you'll get lots of information here.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Sarah :)

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum Sara and Lizzie. Baby sullys are always so cute and Lizzie is a cutie. Yeah, those impulse buys get you every time. You will have some challenges if Lizzie will be inside when she gets bigger. But we are here to help as much as possible. :)

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi and welcome to the forum.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Hi there!

I have a really good vet in Seattle, but not Spokane. Hopefully you can call around and find someone with tort experience. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to drive a ways.

sarah43

5 Year Member
Washington
tortoisenerd said:
Hi there!

I have a really good vet in Seattle, but not Spokane. Hopefully you can call around and find someone with tort experience. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to drive a ways.

Could you give me that name? If I have to drive a ways, the next stop from Spokane is Seattle. There isn't a whole heck of alot in between. :(

Thank you!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I go to Eastside Avian & Exotic in Kirkland and see Dr. Johnson-Delaney (http://www.eaeamc.com). I think there is a second vet there too. Reasonable prices (visits start at $50), and excellent care! They are very helpful over the phone as well. Hope you don't have to drive that far though...isn't it four hours? Wow that's more than a day trip for me, and would be tough with a tort.

If anything, call and see if they have someone in Spokane to recommend. For being a bird/ferret place as well, I was really surprised with the vet's tort knowledge. You can tell them Trevor says hello. :) They love my little guy there.

Status
Not open for further replies.