Hey, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
VA
Hey, everyone! My name's Jamie, I'm in my mid teens and I'm from VA. I have a redfoot tortoise named Scooter, who I've had since November 19. I *love him. My mom and I went to Petsmart, and he was there and I was looking at him for about 10 minutes, and one of the employees walked over and my mom asked how much he'd cost, and everything he'd need (I've been asking for a tortoise or turtle *forever) and she walked my mom through it all, and then asked if I wanted to hold him. She handed him to me and i fell in love :shy: About 45 minutes later (I was holding him the whole time) he was mine! Unfortunately, buying him was a spur of the moment kind of thing, I'd done *no research beforehand, so I had no clue what I was getting into. That actually kind of worries me, cause I'm afraid I'm not taking good enough care of him and not giving him all that he needs, which is why I'm on here now. Heh, so I apologize, but I'll probably ask a *lot of questions...xD

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
welcome to the forum.. u will get the best advice here so dont be shy to ask questions :D

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Hi Jamie welcome there is a ton of great info + a ton an a half of great people to help you so read some posts ask some questions an enjoy your new friend :)

LindaF

5 Year Member
Welcome Jamie. I have a red foot as well. Hope all goes well with your new baby!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jamie:

Welcome to the forum!!

Jerseynox

5 Year Member
se michigan
welcome to the forum youll find all the help you will need here
my only purchased turtle ca wood was kinda a spur of the moment purchase felt bad for it (was beat up & broke down in a tiny little tank looking at me with those sad puppyturtle eyes ) knew i could give it a better home

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Its o.k., sounds like more planning went into that than my 2 kids, but I love them and spoil them to death. You'll do just fine and there are lots of people here chomping at the bit to help. Ask lots of questions

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Welcome!!! You'll find lots of really helpful people with tremendous knowledge. You're in good hands here..

pongpagong

5 Year Member
Hi Jamie,welcome to the forum..so the things you need to know about taking care of red foot are: enclosure,food,heat/uvb,temp/humidity,substrate,supplements,and other things..do your homework now,before its to late..buy good books,research and ask questions! Enjoy Scooter!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Hi Jamie and Welcome. Can you tell us a little about your enclosure and how you are caring for Scooter?

tracyk859

5 Year Member
Angi said:
Hi Jamie and Welcome. Can you tell us a little about your enclosure and how you are caring for Scooter?

Hi, I am Tracy . I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.