Greetings Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerminalVelocity

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
Greetings to all! My name is John and I currently live in Collinsville, Mississippi. My wife and I have been animal lovers for the last 22 years, but never have had the joy of owning a tortoise...until today! After lurking about this forum, and several others, we decided to order from TortoiseSupply.com. Tyler Stewart is an amazing individual and has spent so much time with us answering our questions and making sure we ended up with a tortoise that was healthy and extremely interactive. Tyler sent us a 30 gram baby Greek Ibera Tortoise which was received late morning today. This little animal was already moving around in his container before I could cut the box open. I pulled him out and placed him immediately in a container of warm water and he pulled in a long drink and proceeded to explore the water container. Twenty minutes later I placed him on a towel and offered up a little spring mix. This little guy tore into his greens like he'd never seen food before! I was amazed at how much he put away as he'd been here less than a half hour. I've since introduced him to his habitat which he explored eagerly for almost an hour before sprawling out (all fours extended) for a nap under the UVB/basking light. I can't wait for him to wake up again so I can watch him move around. I have to say that I'm extremely impressed by Tyler, his knowledge, and his willingness to please a customer. I've attached a few pictures of our new (nameless so far) baby. Please tell us what you think of his markings as I thought they were absolutely beautiful. Thanks, and look forwarded to talking with you later!

IMG-20120315-00065.jpgIMG-20120315-00073.jpgIMG-20120315-00095.jpgIMG-20120315-00125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome, enjoy your visits to the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi John:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Great-looking little baby and a nice commendation for Tyler.

TerminalVelocity

5 Year Member
Mississippi
Thank you, Yvonne. I'm really enjoying the forum and the wealth of information...have already spent many hours reveiwing old posts.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! So fantastic that your experience has been so positive and you have such a nice little guy. Your going to be enjoying him for years. May I ask, why did you decide on a Greek? :tort:

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Welcome! Beautiful little hatchling! Tyler is a sweetheart! In the past, he was very kind to me via emails that I had sent to him.

Enjoy your new little hatchling!

Claudia

Status
Not open for further replies.