Hermit Crabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
My red foot relentlessly bites the shell of the crab I added to the enclosure. So I have been keeping it in a separate small enclosure.

theresal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Terrytown,LA
This is all really interesting. I would never have thought of this for the red foots. The only problem is that mine are outdoors most of the year and there is no way I could keep a hermit crab in the pen. And when I keep my torts inside, they run around on the floor of my sun room. I could try this with my hatchlings, but I would be afraid that the crabs would hurt them.

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
Getting hermit crabs tommorow! This is so cool! How many ya think can go in my 6'x3' tort table with 3 5-7 inch RF torts in there?
And how many in my 36"x18" with two 9 month old redfoot babies?
Thanks!

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Well I happen to have a pet hermit crab with his own little enclosure but after reading this I was wondering if it would be okay with my 2 6 month old sulcatas? If not that's fine my buddy's okay in his own little thing anyways just curious.

crussellii said:
This may be a stupid question, but how do you change your substrate and find all the isopods?

And not being rude but how do you sleep at night knowing there are roaches in your house. I'm sorry but roaches freak me out!!!

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
image-1919293678.png

Clibing all around!

image-788067191.png

Hanging with the babies

image-3647356096.png

Nice hiding spot

image-113975877.png

Bonnie and Littlefoot sniffing the crabs and were verrryyyy curious!

image-1790806272.png

image-733492141.png

image-925411266.png

image-168799923.png

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
animalfreak said:
Well I happen to have a pet hermit crab with his own little enclosure but after reading this I was wondering if it would be okay with my 2 6 month old sulcatas? If not that's fine my buddy's okay in his own little thing anyways just curious.

crussellii said:
This may be a stupid question, but how do you change your substrate and find all the isopods?

And not being rude but how do you sleep at night knowing there are roaches in your house. I'm sorry but roaches freak me out!!!

1. hermit crabs and sulcata- no, sorry, the habitat is not similar enough (unless you are raising your sulcata in a rain forest environment).

2. Isopods are not roachs. Isopods are wood lice or rolly-polly bugs.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Madkins007 said:
1. hermit crabs and sulcata- no, sorry, the habitat is not similar enough (unless you are raising your sulcata in a rain forest environment).

2. Isopods are not roachs. Isopods are wood lice or rolly-polly bugs.

Okay I should have known that!!! Oh well after Christmas I'm getting buddy some friends anyways lol! Thanks and I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you I just personally would just stick to cleaning my enclosure myself. Thanks for your help!

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
I can't house mine together because I have sulcatas but today I got 2 more hermit crabs! Lol bob buddy and tiny hahaha! Bobs very active!

image-4031198145.png

Bob

image-3454410680.png

Tiny

image-3313907658.png

Buddy! I have an addiction to pets so when I got $50 I bought hermit crabs the only pets I could afford!!!! Hahahaha don't worry I limit myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.