Here's my hermanni hermanni xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie22

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1375734893.655647.jpg

He's gorgeous and his name is frankie xx any advice on looking after him would be appreciated as I'm a beginner and only had him 4 weeks xx but he's happy eats alot xx he was 63g when I got him and he's 74g now, hopefully that's good and he's not put too much weight on too quickly xx

Frankie my hermanni hermanni :) xx

Sorry 67g when I got him he's put on 7g in 4 weeks xx

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Frankie is fabulous....leafy greens are a great thing--with a treat from time to time....also, if you go to the search section and type in your species of tort with the word care you will get lots of good threads to go over...

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
As long as you're feeding him/her quality foods (dark green veggies, weeds, chopped cactus), it's unlikely you get him/her too fat...he/she'll just grow faster. 7 grams in 4 weeks is just fine! :cool:

frankie22

5 Year Member
Thank you :) I'm from England so no cactus round here lol xx just don't want him to have a horrible shell, I hope it's a him x

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
frankie22 said:
Thank you :) I'm from England so no cactus round here lol xx just don't want him to have a horrible shell, I hope it's a him x

Is it legal for you to receive cactus from America? If so, for the cost of postage, I'd be happy to send you some pads you can plant in pots...they are super-easy to grow!

These are just the ones I'll be taking to North Carolina in April, each started from a single pad...the plants growing out in my pastures are much bigger than these!

1c3e739c-6db6-467a-9e5c-4f59ab1aed82

Andrea M

5 Year Member
Hi Frankie, I'm from the uk too, you can order optunia cactus pads online in the uk, watch out for the little hairy spines though, they get stuck everywhere!!

frankie22

5 Year Member
Hey thanks guys ill order some cactus plants too then as I'm in the process of growing weeds :) going to turn into a gardener as well owning a tortoise xx

Status
Not open for further replies.