Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baltimore MD
The little one is here! he's a tad bigger than my other baby, Hatched in Dec 09, VERY active, not shy a bit, chomping down his munchies in between stomping around in his temporary enclosure :)

He looks great! I opened the box and there he was in his little cup completely out of his shell and eying me up :D Granted he pooped all over his self, other than that.. great 1st how do ya dos!

I'll post pics in a bit! Gonna let him settle for a few before I ram a camera in his face!

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
How cute!! i have a dec 09 as well.. i cant wait to compare the styles and sizes

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
He sounds adorable. Congratulations!

Looking forward to seeing the photos of the munchkin. ;)

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Baltimore MD
So he's kinda smelly lol Ah.. what should I do about that? I have soaked him and wiped him down a bit and after that not as bad :D I put him outside to "air out" a bit... lol @ airing out the tortoise

He is really cute! VERY active.. he's a climber my other baby never seemed to interested in climbing, I'm kinda afraid he's gonna flop over on his back. He's quite large comparing to the other :)

After 6 months, they can go in together? I think I read thats the quarantine time?

I'll get motivated to dig out the camera..

chadk

10 Year Member!
Since they are both CBB, I think 6mo may be overkill. If they are both eating well, active, pooing normally, etc... I would not wait 6mo.

You said they are from the same breeder, right?

6mo is what you shoot for with new torts that have a history you are not aware of. May be wild caught and \ or raised in conditions that caused varoius potential health issues.

But these are your new babies, so you really can't be too careful I guess. Just wanted to give you a little info (my opinion) to help make an informed decision.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I also agree 6 months for these babies is probably overkill. After a few weeks to make sure he's doing well, you could put them together.

Sounds like he made it through the trip just fine! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.