Help with what could be on my tortoises face

Meghan22

Location (City and/or State)
Antioch, Ca
I recently adopted my Russian tortoise. We think he’s a little over 2 years old. He just had a vet check up about a week ago and everything looked good. She said he was healthy.
I noticed yesterday some white on his nose. I thought it was maybe the powder from his food but this morning when I noticed it still there, I took him out and rinsed his face a bit and noticed what looks like an infection, on the top of his nose is a white bump, but also under his chin has a small bump as well. He was eating fine yesterday and acting fine. I already readout you his vet but unfortunately they are closed weekends. I was hoping to get a bit more information on what it could be and what I could do?

Attachments

• 6A5FD621-70D8-4BE6-9C01-FD0CF70A9355.jpeg
    6A5FD621-70D8-4BE6-9C01-FD0CF70A9355.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Possibly bit, stung, or poked by a sharp object. It looks puss filled and will probably have to be drained by the vet. @Yvonne G might have an idea.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
At first I thought it was scalding from a constant runny nose, but upon closer inspection it looks raised, sort of like a little tumor or growth of some sort. Try to find a vet in your area who is well versed in tortoise health. They may need to take a little biopsy and send it off to the lab. I see a little poke down on the chin too.

Your tortoise is almost full grown, probably eight or ten years old.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Could try putting some over the counter antibiotic cream on it until you see a vet.

Meghan22

Antioch, Ca
At first I thought it was scalding from a constant runny nose, but upon closer inspection it looks raised, sort of like a little tumor or growth of some sort. Try to find a vet in your area who is well versed in tortoise health. They may need to take a little biopsy and send it off to the lab. I see a little poke down on the chin too.

Your tortoise is almost full grown, probably eight or ten years old.
He looks bigger in the pic. He’s only about 3-4 inches. I have another one of that age and he’s much bigger. How can you tell the age? Because I honestly don’t know. I was going off what the person told me that I adopted him from. I do have a exotic vet. I definitely will take him in on Monday. I noticed the little hole on his chin as well. Could a growth grow in just a day? (The part on his nose) I appreciate your help.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hopefully you are already keeping them apart because torts should never be kept in pairs, but if you haven't separated them yet the make sure you do now so that there's no risk of infecting the other tort.