Help with Russian Tortoise lighting ?

Truemanfoo

Location (City and/or State)
San Clemente, CA
I need help with lighting please! I recently upgraded Squirtle’s enclosure to this 4x4. Currently I’m using a Mega-Ray 70 watt MVB and next to it is an LED 10watt household bulb just for more light.

I know it’s too dark in here and not sure if I need to add another light stand and dome and just another LED household light just to make it not so dark?

Also, my guy normally stays buried and doesn’t come out much unless I un-dig him. ??? Under the MVB it’s around 95 degrees. Please help!67F38E1D-5ACE-49D1-B365-9BE7881DE772.jpeg Th

Ajwere

Location (City and/or State)
Hayward’s heath
I need help with lighting please! I recently upgraded Squirtle’s enclosure to this 4x4. Currently I’m using a Mega-Ray 70 watt MVB and next to it is an LED 10watt household bulb just for more light.

I know it’s too dark in here and not sure if I need to add another light stand and dome and just another LED household light just to make it not so dark?

Also, my guy normally stays buried and doesn’t come out much unless I un-dig him. ??? Under the MVB it’s around 95 degrees. Please help!View attachment 294009 Th
For my tortoises I have one heat lamp depending on how many there are in the enclosure but if you have one tort one heat lamp should be fine and you should also have a uva/uvb light strip going across the whole enclosure but not where his humid spot is. Hope this helps and maybe he is bidding a lot because it is not humid enough I record getting a hygrometer and a thermometer and move it around where he likes to hang out the most