Help with my Herman

bellagrey

Location (City and/or State)
nottingham
Im new to this so I apologise if I've got it all wrong. My mums herman had to be given oxytocin last week and had 4 eggs. Ever since she's been really agitated and wont eat or drink. She keeps scratching with her back leggs and just wont settle. The vet hasn't been much help and we've no idea what to do. Please help?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Did the oxy help the eggs to come out? The back legs thing is nest digging. Do you have the tortoise somewhere she can dig a hole with her back legs for the eggs to be deposited?

It would help us to help you if we can see pictures of the tortoise inside her habitat.

bellagrey

nottingham
Did the oxy help the eggs to come out? The back legs thing is nest digging. Do you have the tortoise somewhere she can dig a hole with her back legs for the eggs to be deposited?

It would help us to help you if we can see pictures of the tortoise inside her habitat.
Yes, she had the eggs within a couple of hours. We've been to the vet again and they think she might have a slight prolapse and an Xray has shown some gravel in her stomach. We've got to take her for pain injections over this weekend and then see how she gets on...