HELP! Urgent!!! (plastron a bit soft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaggieeNicolee

5 Year Member
So I just soaked my tort in warm water and I've been spraying him and putting him in humid houses, but after I got him out, he's a baby, he hiccuped or sneezed and chirped and his lower shell bent inwards and felt push able and now I'm terrified something is wrong with him!!

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
RE: HELP! Urgent!!!

What do you mean, bent inwards? Did it bend back? Do you have a picture?

Is this the only time you've heard him sneeze? Does he have a runny or bubbly nose?

MaggieeNicolee

5 Year Member

His under shell is much softer than the upper shell and it only bent inwards for a moment and I've never heard or seen him do this before

I don't think it's runny or bubbly

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA

If your baby is only a month or so old, it's normal for the bottom shell (plastron) to be soft or easily pushed in when their is a sneeze. I'd be more concerned if your tort has a runny nose or if bubbles are coming out of the nose or mouth. So, let us know how old is your baby, and if you see any signs of a respitory infection.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA

Well then, I think your baby is fine. He's going to have some softness on the plastron. With calcium supplements and good old sunshine, his shell will harden in time. Just keep an eye and ear open to signs of a cold. Otherwise, you've got nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.