HELP!! SEPSIS?!!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
@Chefdenoel10 ur my new best friend, thank you for all of the love. He’s at the vet right now and will be there for the next few days getting his levels down, they have him on antibiotics and fluid fluid fluid because sepsis is very dehydrating. I have gotten numerous calls from the office on updates, he is in the reptile room staying all cozy… and of course moving around the furniture to his liking 😂 little man’s in the ICU, but the vet says he’s moving around and is very alert and,”bright.” I have a feeling he’s going to make it… 🙏
If he’s moving the furniture then my prayers have been answered! 😂
Wow. Such strength for a tort that is to be so sick. No way I tell ya!!!!
He’s a fighter!
You caught it early (as you said you just noticed it that night).?
Sooo….. let’s keep the good vibes goin’!!!
My guess is… he will have that room cleaned up in no time. (Probably mumbling to himself how these HUMANS can make such a mess of things..).
How can they live with all of this clutter!??
(In a British voice).🤣
Chairs here and there, and what’s this 🤬 table doin’ here?? It belongs over there!
Stupid humans….😝

Chin up!
Good vibes!
Prayers!
When we are all sick there has to be the lowest you can go before you start to heal right?
Ok… so he’s at his lowest.
So now, he is gonna come right back up to his old self again. Problem is ….
TORTS DO EVERYTHING SLOOOWW….
(Except moving furniture) .
Me,Gary (my snail), and Sal (my tort) are praying and waiting to give him his well earned raspberries!! (Gary gives real slimy ones too! 🤭

Grace-Sophia

Texas
Updates??
Updates??
Updates??
They now want to keep him till Friday, but most likely over the weekend in the ER. They have continued giving IV fluids and antibiotics, and he’s still quite lethargic. But now they’ve found more fluid build up coming from the shell and it’s leaking. And now… the scutes are starting to sluff off 😖
She said it’s a good and bad thing. Good that they can get the infection cleaned out, bad that it might show raw bone, and it will never look the same again, which is alright with me… I just want my baby back! The BIGGEST thing to pray about right now is her kidney levels to go down, but infection is already spreading…. fast.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They now want to keep him till Friday, but most likely over the weekend in the ER. They have continued giving IV fluids and antibiotics, and he’s still quite lethargic. But now they’ve found more fluid build up coming from the shell and it’s leaking. And now… the scutes are starting to sluff off 😖
She said it’s a good and bad thing. Good that they can get the infection cleaned out, bad that it might show raw bone, and it will never look the same again, which is alright with me… I just want my baby back! The BIGGEST thing to pray about right now is her kidney levels to go down, but infection is already spreading…. fast.
🙏🙏🙏

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
At least you know for a fact that he's in good hands.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
You have been on my mind all day.
While this is scary news, I am STILL holding out hope for my friend.
He is in the best of hands and by staying at the hospital till the weekend it is really the best place for him.
When he DOES RECOVER , the white plates that may remain will cover over eventually. We will have to make sure there is no or minimal pain though..
Please till then…
DON’T GIVE UP! (he isn’t!)
Good vibes good vibes good vibes
Prayers prayers prayers and
I would call the doctor like every four hours for updates. Be a nudge!
If you can visit, go for awhile and sit with him. Explain to him that he has people waiting to meet him and give him hugs!
Don’t stop having hope!!!!!!!!!
Or I’ll have to kick your butt!! 😬
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
(Unicorns are lucky!)
😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

We are ALL here for you!!!!!!!

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Animals are so good at hiding the fact that they're sick. They don't want to believe it either. Just like us trying to keep on keeping on even if we're under the weather It's really hard to spot at first. Hang in there.🤗🙏😘.
Yes, with my Parrot's I'm keenly aware of their day to day actions. I had a Female Eclectus, that was fine one day, and the next afternoon was acting "abnormal" she passed that night. I took her to my Avian Vet (that's all they do), and had a necropsy done, and the results were inconclusive. Aw, I miss my dear lil Panda girl...
So, I too am praying 🙏 for your buddy, they can be VERY tough buggers, so I'm hopin to got a tough one too.

Grace-Sophia

Texas
Thank you all!
He’s going to be admitted in to the ER for the weekend. Today they placed an IV cathader in her jugular vein to hopefully get the infection flushed away. Bad news first- she believes now that her might not be septic, but have, in basic terms, kidney failure. His kidneys are so incredibly bad that they have skyrocketed into 19 1/2 uric acid levels. Yesterday a 14 now almost 20 (should be a 3/4 but that’s still a little high) good news now- if we can get the kidneys fixed and the levels to go down, he will be HEALED! 💕 please continue to pray the kidneys look better.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Here’s my boy in all his pig nose glory! We love you Dunkin. Get better bud ❤️‍🩹

🙏😘🙏😘🙏🙏😘🙏😘🙏😘🙏😘🙏😘🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😘🙏🙏🙏😘🙏😘😘🙏😘🙏🙏❤️❤️🙏🙏🍀❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🐙🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Good thoughts
Good vibes
Positive outlook!

TaraMaiden

Nottinghamshire UK
It also just occurred to me that I haven’t even told y’all his name.

His name is Dunkin 🧡💗 like the donuts 🤭
Am keeping an eye on this thread, because I have JUST taken parentship of a beautiful little spur-thigh... nearly 3 years old (In September), BELIEVE it's female, but of course, still too early to confirm yet. But all and every bit of information and education is of essential importance!
I'm praying for you that Dunkin makes a full recovery, and is back to being a happy, healthy girl! PLEASE keep us posted. Have read all the thread, and I do remember seeing a comment elsewhere from a Herpy vet that tortoises are NOTORIOUS for concealing any signs of being unwell; otherwise, it makes them vulnerable to attack from predators and even sometimes, other fellow torts, if kept with a group...

So am definitely rooting for Dunkin, bless her!

Grace-Sophia

Texas
HAPPY DAY TODAY!!!!!!
Uric acid went from 20 to a 13!!! Better than it was to begin with 💕 he’s much more active, and drinking on his OWN! Hopefully we can get him to eat somthing by himself and get those kidneys down to normal levels. We are headed in the right direction… please keep praying hard!! Thank y’all 🧡

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
HAPPY DAY TODAY!!!!!!
Uric acid went from 20 to a 13!!! Better than it was to begin with 💕 he’s much more active, and drinking on his OWN! Hopefully we can get him to eat somthing by himself and get those kidneys down to normal levels. We are headed in the right direction… please keep praying hard!! Thank y’all 🧡
Oh, Good News, that is so wonderful to hear. . . prayers must be helping.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
HAPPY DAY TODAY!!!!!!

Yaaaaahoooooooo!!!!!!
SEE!!!!!!????

Positive vibes
Prayers and good thoughts really DO help!!!!!
Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!
COME ON DUNKIN!!!!!
We are all rooting for yoooouuuuuuuu!!!!!

Ssooooooooooooo glad to hear this news!
You have made my weekend!!
😀😃😄❤️🙏❤️🙏❤️❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🙏❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏