help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
i picked up my baby sulcata today and he made a noise cuz i think i accidently twisted his little back leg, dont worry he is ok walking fine and no problems however he was super scared of me for a while running away from me super fast whenever i reached for him.. now he is better but do u guys think i hurt him bad? :(
another question: is his back shell right above his butt suppose to be soft? i noticed it when i was cleaning his poop :p i just worry too much about this little sucker cuz i love him sooooooooooo much..

thanks
nat

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If he's using his leg I doubt you've hurt him. And baby tortoises are a little soft for a bit after hatching.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
emysemys said:
If he's using his leg I doubt you've hurt him. And baby tortoises are a little soft for a bit after hatching.

thanks emysemys, i just got scared when he made a noise do u know why they make a noise?

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
the noise comes from when they retreat back into their shells. it forces the air out of their lungs and they make that "hissing" sound. perfectly normal.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
Red Earth Exotics said:
the noise comes from when they retreat back into their shells. it forces the air out of their lungs and they make that "hissing" sound. perfectly normal.

but it didnt sound like a hiss it was more of a squeek..

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
It probably sounded like a squeek because his lungs are so little. The bigger they get, the deeper and louder that hiss becomes.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
Az tortoise compound said:
It probably sounded like a squeek because his lungs are so little. The bigger they get, the deeper and louder that hiss becomes.

awwwwwwww his lungs r tiny... is that anger cuz i dont ever want him to get mad at me again lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.