Help please tortoise shell chipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie torture

5 Year Member
:tort: hello newbie here I just went and bought My first Russian and did lots of research on them and spent over 400 on all the lights and food every thing and took her to the vet on the first day. I went back to petsmart to buy some more beding for her (6x6) box in door as I was there I saw another Russian it look so bad not that I have much experience with them but it's shell was chipping and covered in its own poo so I bought him to but can't take him to the vet yet I'm worried its that shell rot is it contagious can someone tell me what it might be ill send pics or something or put it on YouTube

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Zombie and welcome to the Forum!

Naturally, we'll have to see pictures, but my guess would be damage from being piled upon each other during shipping.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Most of us download a free photo program to our computers, like photobucket.com or tinypic.com. Then you put your pictures in there and when they load, you just copy the code from under the picture and paste it over here in your post.

Or, you start your post and while you're in the "reply" screen, go down to the bottom of the screen and click on "Choose file", then after you choose which picture you want, click on "add attachment". When you post your reply the picture will show up.
[hr]
(the reason for the dog picture is because when I'm giving instructions for something I'm not used to doing, I perform the instructions myself as I'm typing them. That's Misty, about 60lbs and 6 months old.)

Attachments

• 09-13-12.jpg
    09-13-12.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.