Help please! Lighting issues due to power outage

Fishlou92

Location (City and/or State)
TX
Hi everyone!
A few days ago, the power in my apartment complex went out. I took my Greek tortoise to a friends apartment who still had power. She has been over for two days and I found out that her uvb light went out. My friend has had her heat lamp on since I brought her over. The road conditions are very bad and almost all the stores are closed, so I can’t go get her a new bulb. Should I tell my friend to leave the heat lamp off at night?
Thank you!

ZenHerper

New Jersey
It is perfectly fine to not have the uvb radiation for a period of time.

Perfectly fine. Do not worry about this at all. (It will just be like a super-cloudy couple of days.)

Heat is a necessity...temps must be kept in your tort's optimal range at all costs.

You have a great friend - stay safe!

Fishlou92

TX
It is perfectly fine to not have the uvb radiation for a period of time.

Perfectly fine. Do not worry about this at all. (It will just be like a super-cloudy couple of days.)

Heat is a necessity...temps must be kept in your tort's optimal range at all costs.

You have a great friend - stay safe!

Okay, thank you so much! So it will be okay to not have the heat lamp on at night?

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Okay, thank you so much! So it will be okay to not have the heat lamp on at night?

That depends on what the overnight apartment temperature is...and what sub-species of Greek you have. Some are not as cold/cool hardy as others.

If the emergency enclosure is on the floor, you are better off with the heat emitter on all night.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
My Greek stays out at night in the summer when the temps drop into the high 50s and low 60s, as long as it has the chance to warm up fully during the day it will be alright.

Fishlou92

TX
That depends on what the overnight apartment temperature is...and what sub-species of Greek you have. Some are not as cold/cool hardy as others.

If the emergency enclosure is on the floor, you are better off with the heat emitter on all night.

unfortunately I’m not sure what sub-species is. Her enclosure is on the ground right now so I’ll tell my friend to keep the light on. Thank you!!

Fishlou92

TX
My Greek stays out at night in the summer when the temps drop into the high 50s and low 60s, as long as it has the chance to warm up fully during the day it will be alright.

awesome, thank you!