Help (new tortoise not eating)

luckey72

Location (City and/or State)
Slippery rock
Can someone help me I got my first tortoise for Christmas he was doing good I got it's lights and cage and everything the right way now it's not eating I soak it every other day it's heat is 80 degrees in day time 70 degrees at nite but it Don't seem to be interested in it's food please help

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Ok so a few things:

1) Can you provide photos of the tortoise and its setup? Lots of people say "I have it the right way" when the way they have it is the way the pet store told them to have it, which isn't good. I would start be reading this for the real "right way" https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/info-for-new-people-please-read-this-first.202363/#post-2036954

2) Tortoises don't like change. Going off food for days, weeks or longer when they are in a new enviroment isn't that unusual.

3) How old it, what species, and where did you get it?

all these will help people on this forum help you...

luckey72

Slippery rock
Ok so a few things:

1) Can you provide photos of the tortoise and its setup? Lots of people say "I have it the right way" when the way they have it is the way the pet store told them to have it, which isn't good. I would start be reading this for the real "right way" https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/info-for-new-people-please-read-this-first.202363/#post-2036954

2) Tortoises don't like change. Going off food for days, weeks or longer when they are in a new enviroment isn't that unusual.

3) How old it, what species, and where did you get it?

all these will help people on this forum help you...
It's bout 2 to 3 months old salcuta private breeder we had a cold snap that's when he quit eating

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It's bout 2 to 3 months old salcuta private breeder we had a cold snap that's when he quit eating
80 during the day is too cool for a sulcata baby. 70 is too cool at night.

Please read the thread that Sin LA left for you. At the bottom of that thread is a link to the sulcata care sheet. You will need to make some changes if you want the baby to survive.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Read what was already posted and make changes ASAP. Also does he have a basking area that reaches 95-100? They need this to digest their food or they will not eat and get sick and possibly die.