help me set up a tank (i need some good ideas) and ill post a pic when we finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
auburn mass
I have a 4x2foot galon tank for a russian tort and thats it so if any one wants to help that will be grate. And if you want i can post a pic of the tank every body help make.thx:D

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
RE: help me set up a tank (i need some good ideas)

is it a glass fish tank or terrarium? Most will advise to build a wooden tort table (old book cases are used sometimes) For substrate you will want cypress or aspen mulch. (I use a mix of cypress and coconut husk) basking light, uvb light with in 18 inches of the substrate. water dish, a hide (hollowed out log or something your tort may get under and feel safe) -- If you go to enclosures there are a lot of posts w/ pics for you to see what others have done. Also don't forget thermometors and humidity guages.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I asked this question in your other thread in the Russian tortoise section...but what do you mean by 4x2 tank? 4 feet by 2 feet? A glass aquarium?
I'm a little confused.
If you look in the Enclosure section of the forum you can find some great pictures of enclosures!

Here is a picture of my Russian hatchling's 4x2 ft wooden enclosure:
IMG_0798.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.