Help me identify the hydration level of my 3-4 month old sulcata through pee

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Hello. I searched the forum. People discuss about urates but seldom with picture. Hmmm... a bit uneasy for me to identify the level of good and bad urates through words.
So i think i'll just post Toro pic. This is his/her morning sunbath, the pup and pee.
Please help me identify the hydration level of Toro. This is the 3rd day i have Toro. Thank you.. ;):tort:
And wow, Toro pup alot, yesterday also 2 big pup like these.IMG-20160602-WA0000.jpg

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Hello. I searched the forum. People discuss about urates but seldom with picture. Hmmm... a bit uneasy for me to identify the level of good and bad urates through words.
So i think i'll just post Toro pic. This is his/her morning sunbath, the pup and pee.
Please help me identify the hydration level of Toro. This is the 3rd day i have Toro. Thank you.. ;):tort:
And wow, Toro pup alot, yesterday also 2 big pup like these.View attachment 175814
My babies don't make urates, they are RFs, but I hear from the others that creamy consistency urates are good

Fredkas

5 Year Member
My babies don't make urates, they are RFs, but I hear from the others that creamy consistency urates are good
So what they make? And i heard pup is good if one time a day. How about pee?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's hard to tell by a pic the consistency of the Urates. If I had to guess, I would say they look fine, but only you will be able to see if they look creamy like tooth paste or if they look gritty. If you keep him warm and humid and soak daily or twice a day for the size of yours would be better, and have a bowl of water available 24/7 then he should be well hydrated. As far as how often too poop, each will be different, depending on many things. Some of my leopards poop daily, some every other day to every third day. Peeing is hard to tell when they do that.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
As Pearly mentioned, I too heard and read that the creamy consistency, is a sign that you tort is well.:D No need to worry.;)

And a very warm welcome to the forum!:)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I have not raise a Sulcata from hatchling, but my adult poops at least half a dozen times a day. So much poo. The urates "look" ok. As long as there is no sand like consistency in them.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
I think i get it. Feels good now! Thankie :D