HELP!? Is he sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Gunther has been quite active today! I dont think he is eating yet though. I know he has walked through his bowl though! Lol. His face is still clean though.... Oh how i wish he had green lips! Force feeding continues! I have never seen a tort bring his head so far in his shell! He nose is really clearing up. You can finally see his tiny nostrils and hear him breath...

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Gunther is back up to 109grams today! Woohoo. And if im not mistaken he MAY have eaten some! We are still force feeding though. Two soaks a day and eye drops twice a day. He is either gonna love us or hate us... Oh the torture to save him!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
So glad to hear your lil one is gaining weight! That is a very good sign. Keep us posted on his progress

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Gunther somehow managed to get up to 116grams today. If only it goes up and not back down. Could just be from the soak though. Still havent heard from the vet. I will call tomorrow if i dont hear back from them. He needs to start eating! He hates being force fed... Here are a couple pics right before his bedtime.
View attachment 32492
View attachment 32493
View attachment 32494

Last edited by a moderator:

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
LuckysGirl007 said:
Awe! He's not pink anymore! :D

Yeah. He is looking better. I will take some outside pics with no flash tomorrow. Hopefully it is nice out for them since im off! He still cant seem to open his eye on his own in the mornings. But once he has his eye drops he is good. I forgot to call the vet today. So i will call first thing in the morning.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
diaboliqueturtle said:
He DOES look better! So glad, I'm rooting for him :-D

Thanks! We are fighting whatever it is together! 2-3 long soaks a day. Force feeding and eye drops! Im just hoping he will eat on his own soon! That side of his face still looks odd to me though... Almost like he is deformed. But he couldnt have always been or he wouldnt have survived this long! Who knows. Maybe tomorrow we will know something.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
He pooped! He pooped! He pooped! I have never been so excited to see tortoise poop! First soak he has pooped in all week! And the first time he has pooped all week to my knowledge! Woohoo!

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Gunther opened his eye on his own this morning!!!! I went in there to get him for his soak and eye drops and he had it open. Yay! Usually he cant open it until the soak.

batchick

5 Year Member
Been lurking around on this thread to see how he's doing. Sounds like things are really looking up. Yay!

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
batchick said:
Been lurking around on this thread to see how he's doing. Sounds like things are really looking up. Yay!

Thanks. We are doing everything we can to help him. Hopefully i will get his antibiotics tomorrow.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
SUPER EXCITED! Just went to feed the torts. And Gunther was more then eager to eat! I watched him eat for five mins! Huge step for him! Sooo excited. He ate some cactus fruit and some shredded zuchinni.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
lori12386 said:
SUPER EXCITED! Just went to feed the torts. And Gunther was more then eager to eat! I watched him eat for five mins! Huge step for him! Sooo excited. He ate some cactus fruit and some shredded zuchinni.

Woop woop! Fantastic! :-D

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
diaboliqueturtle said:
lori12386 said:

Woop woop! Fantastic! :-D

OMG! It totally made my day!!!

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
RE: HELP!? Is he sick?- Gunther

Gunther is doing really good. He has been chowing down and gaining his weight back. He is having trouble tear and eating leafy greens. But he has been going nuts on Opuntia fruits, shredded Zuchinni and mazuri! Still work on the greens, but as long as he eating i am happy. Vet was supposed to call me back today about his meds. So hopefully tomorrow! His eyes are looking great as well! No more lazy stuck shut eye!

20121124_100919-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.