HELP (home's hingeback tortoise) care

hingeback

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
Nice. The photo is not very clear on my phone. But Im guessing you have got about
35cm(14") of wall height with about a 7.5cm(3") overlap.
Now you just need to make sure she can't see or get through the bars on your fence.
Sorry, uploaded medium file. Here is the big oneImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1448363053.955998.jpg

That means I replace the mesh?

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Looking good. Need loads of plant life now for cover. Personally I would still have a more uneven ground. So they can go to higher ground if required, and it makes it interesting for your tortoises.
Still working on the plants, she loves the bottom left corner and the palm.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Today when I tried to feed her hibiscus, she was not interested. Instead, she went for my finger. Any clue why she bit me?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
She may have mistaken your finger for a slug or worm. Did she jab at your finger ninja style.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
She also when she flips she still can't flip back. This is bad, right?

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
When I've found mine turned over I always help it. Dont know if I should or not, but I help it. I've not found one upside down for months now.
I am only worried if I am out in the afternoon and she flips over.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I am only worried if I am out in the afternoon and she flips over.
For all I know mine may flip when I'm out and right themselves. I'm sure that every tort in the wild that ends up on its back doesn't die.
All you can do is reduce the chance of her flipping with steep objects. Although when mine flipped before it was because they were trying to climb the walls of the enclosure.
All you can do is keep an eye on her, if you find her upside down, try and work out how she did it and then if possible eliminate that potential flip hazard.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
For all I know mine may flip when I'm out and right themselves. I'm sure that every tort in the wild that ends up on its back doesn't die.
All you can do is reduce the chance of her flipping with steep objects. Although when mine flipped before it was because they were trying to climb the walls of the enclosure.
All you can do is keep an eye on her, if you find her upside down, try and work out how she did it and then if possible eliminate that potential flip hazard.
She also flips when she tries to climb the walls.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
The outdoor one.
Well she's not trying to get away from other torts because you only have her.
She's probably not gravid because she laid 3 eggs, although there could be another.
So you need to make sure she has plenty of dense foliage to hide in. She may be feeling insecure.
Also, because she is wild caught she isn't used to barriers and is used to freedom.
Get plenty of cover for her. Even if you make some hides out of sticks and cover with some of that fern you showed us. Pile up a load of dried leaves. Anything that is natural cover.
What are the temperatures outside?