Help!! :/ (ear abscess)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikayydee

5 Year Member
My turtle has this for days and everyday it gets bigger. I'm worried. What might this be. It has this once and it went away but it was very small, this time its huge. please help

Attachments

• 1368682663327.jpg
    1368682663327.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 89

mikayydee

5 Year Member
Re: Help!! :/

It does look like it. Did you have to take it to a vet? Did your turtle have it as big as mine? I'm scared it might like pop one day and I don't want to loose her :/

Ansh said:
I think this may be a middle ear infection/abscess. My tortoise had this at one point and thankfully it got better without treatment. Have a look at this link below:

http://www.ashcroftvet.co.uk/14.html

How bad is this? :/ I feel since they eat alot I feel its food stuck there but I doubt it.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
RE: Help!! :/

It is an ear abscess. She will need to go to a vet, as this ailment requires lancing and draining the area and administering antibiotics. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the sooner the better on this.

In my experience, some individual turtles are more prone to these abscesses than others, even within the same species. I have never had one of my turtles have one, but a good friend of mine has one DBT in particular who gets these VERY often. It is also very common in EBTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.