HELP!!! Baby Cherry Head Tortoise Shell Problem!

TaylorTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Abington
I have had my baby cherry head tortoise for a month. I am getting worried about the condition of his shell. He began to have white spots. At first, I thought they were mineral deposits. When I put 50/50 water and vinegar I do not see any reaction. So I don't think they are mineral deposits. When I first got him, his shell has a small chip near his left rear leg. Near his left leg, part of his shell had an indent. His back shell is beginning to appear as it's almost "flaking" off. I put 4 pictures to help show what I mean. I am hoping that it is not shell rot.

Relatively he eats well and has a lot of strength when I pick him up after his soak (to let me know that he wants to be put down). He moves relatively fast to his favorite flowerpot, which I gave to him as shelter. I have a humidifier and moss to keep the humidity levels good and for him to hide and explore during the day. have his tank set up in a 24 x 18 x 10 enclosure. Humidity is at 75% and the temperature is between 70-80 degrees F.

I'm not sure what to do and I do not have an exotic vet near me. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thak you.
Is water/vinegar a safe combination for a soak?

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Here are all the pictures I took of him today. I applied the athlete foot cream on his yesterday. Today I gave him a soak, brushed him softly with a toothbrush. The pictures I am posting are what he looks like this morning and his shell is dry in the photos.

Yesterday I changed his enclosure and I am only using paper towers I have a humidifier on and I am changing the paper towels regularly.

Today fed him Butter lettuce, strawberries, and vitamin pellets, topped with calcium powder. He was in good spirits and ate his food and ventured around his environment.

I am currently trying to get an appointment with an exotic animal vet.

Thank you for your reply and knowledge.
View attachment 337760View attachment 337761View attachment 337762View attachment 337763View attachment 337764View attachment 337765View attachment 337766
It could also be too humid with the humidifier unit you mentioned. We normally dampen substrate and spray water on and let the heat lamp and closed env provide the humidity not using a machine. The pics are an improvement so the advise is helping.

ButterTortoise

Flemington
It could also be too humid with the humidifier unit you mentioned. We normally dampen substrate and spray water on and let the heat lamp and closed env provide the humidity not using a machine. The pics are an improvement so the advise is helping.
Thanks for the advice! In my house it is always a raging battle with humidity - But I'm 99% sure it was a humidity issue and the usage of the moss. Just curious, how much do your spray down the environment? I'm just wondering what is too little and too much.

Thanks.