***HELP***Abandoned Duck Egg

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, New York
Hi I found an abandoned duck egg and I want to make sure it doesn't die if it is alive. I have it in a reptibator at 99 degrees. That's is all I know how to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also I do not have an egg turner. I think the egg is from a mallard duck. PLEASE HELP ME! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1403300190.161219.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1403300242.514001.jpg Yes I know the thermometer says 101 degrees but I have it set for 99

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It needs to be turned several times a day, and kept humid. Mama duck enters the nest with wet feathers.

mikeh

5 Year Member
It needs to be turned several times a day, and kept humid. Mama duck enters the nest with wet feathers.
When turning the egg, turn different direction every time. Turning same direction all the time may cause internal tearing.

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hi I found an abandoned duck egg and I want to make sure it doesn't die if it is alive. I have it in a reptibator at 99 degrees. That's is all I know how to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also I do not have an egg turner. I think the egg is from a mallard duck. PLEASE HELP ME! View attachment 84421View attachment 84423 Yes I know the thermometer says 101 degrees but I have it set for 99
did the duck hatch! ?