Helloooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boidae

5 Year Member
Hi! My name is Catherine. I'm looking into getting my first tortoise soon. That said, I have several years of experience with other reptiles. I have owned upwards of ten snakes and several lizards. Currently, I own an Argentine black & white tegu who is an absolute eating machine. I also own a Brazilian rainbow boa who has strict care requirements and a bad attitude!

I live in upstate New York, where the winters are frigid and the summers are boiling. I'm not sure if I could house a tortoise outside, as foxes usually raise their kits in the woods in my backyard. I'd like something small and hardy. I've been between Russians and redfoots but I heard the redfoot can be a bit more temperamental care-wise.

Also want to note that I have a playpen in my backyard. My tegu is a bit too small to be trusted outside but he will be under the sun as much as possible when he's big enough and it's warmer. I'm very outdoorsy and love bringing my animals along with me when it's possible.

So that's it!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Catherine, and welcome to the Forum!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Hello from California! And welcome to tfo!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) Good luck on your decision and don't forget to share it with us. Pics of your tort too when you get one. BTW, wouldn't mind sharing pics of your other reptiles/animals either.

Boidae

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone! :) I'll be sure to post some tegu pics. He loves the camera hehe

Sulcata tortoise665

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!😄😃😀

Sent from my iPod touch using TortoiseForum mobile app

I was just wondering does your tegu have a good personalit? I've been wanting one for a while but some sites said they were grumpy

Sent from my iPod touch using TortoiseForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.