Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuslvr

5 Year Member
Hello everyone. I just registered because I was unable to read some of the forums and see some of the pictures and it was frustrating. I have a 20 lb Sulcata named Sam, A Male Red foot named Dozer and a Female Red foot named Madeira they are both around 13" long, I also have one Male Russian Tort his name is Ivan. I live in Kansas so they are all enjoying living outside for now. They will be stuck inside for about 4 months beginning in October, this will not make them happy and will make my life much more difficult. I do love my tortoise's though and I understand when I hear people say they make them relax, they really do. I enjoy spending my evenings with them outside.

spring pace

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
topanga, california
welcome to the group. galileo my 27 lb sulcata and i live in southern calif. we agree, being out in the sun is the best, we have shorter winters here so gali gets to be a fulltime outside tort. i love walking w/ a dinosaur out in his yard, its especially nice at that perfect time of day when the hose goes on and gali does his dance, his graze always seems sweeter when its "raining out" how about some pictures of your crew? do you know how? smiles, spring

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tortuslvr:

913901a6fm472zor.gif

to the forum! Thank goodness you weren't able to read some of the forums, or see some of the photos! :D Otherwise we might not have had the pleasure of your company!

Your tortoise family sounds great. Glad you could join us.

Yvonne

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Welcome to the forum! I would also love some pictures--sounds like you have a nice little group of torts there!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wow a Kansas person! Where in the sunflower state do you live? I live in Nebraska just a couple of miles from the KS border, so I feel like we are neighbors. Nice having you join us.

Tortuslvr

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Wow a Kansas person! Where in the sunflower state do you live? I live in Nebraska just a couple of miles from the KS border, so I feel like we are neighbors. Nice having you join us.

I live in Eudora Kansas. About 20 minutes West of Kansas City. However I lived in Norfolk, Nebraska for 8 years. That is about 2 hours north of Omaha.

j.martin

5 Year Member
Hi

Im new today as well. i havent got my tortoise yet, gettin him on saturday so im hopping to get lots of advice of you guys. Im living in Northern Ireland

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
j..martin.. and Tortuslvr,
Welcome to you both,
You won't believe what kind of great group you just loined.. Ask away. all are here to help and encourage!!
Na

I meant all are HERE to help.... Fixed it Na (Crazy1)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Tortuslvr and j..martin welcome to both of you. Tortuslvr looking forward to hearing of your torts adventures and seeing pics of them and j..martin How exciting to be getting your first. :) As Nay said we are here to help answer questions as best we can and I am also looking forward to seeing pics of your tort when you get it. Do you know what type you are getting yet?

Tortuslvr

5 Year Member
spring pace said:
welcome to the group. galileo my 27 lb sulcata and i live in southern calif. we agree, being out in the sun is the best, we have shorter winters here so gali gets to be a fulltime outside tort. i love walking w/ a dinosaur out in his yard, its especially nice at that perfect time of day when the hose goes on and gali does his dance, his graze always seems sweeter when its "raining out" how about some pictures of your crew? do you know how? smiles, spring

I would love to add some pictures--how do I go about doing that?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tortuslvr said:
I would love to add some pictures--how do I go about doing that?

This is how I do it:

I set up a Photobucket account (its free). Then I ask Photobucket to take the pictures off my computer. The directions at Photobucket are pretty self explanitory. Once you have the pictures in Photobucket, you scroll your mouse over the picture you want to copy. When you get towards the bottom of the picture you see a bunch of letters. Left click on "img code" then highlight the code to the right of that. Right click on what you've highlighted (you have to be quick, as it doesn't give you much time). Click "copy" When you have that code in your briefcase, then you go to the forum and start your reply. In your reply box, right click to bring the menu down then choose "paste" You will see a string of IMG letters and numbers. Once you've posted your reply, that string turns into your picture.

Yvonne

Tortuslvr

5 Year Member
Here are some pictures of my tortoise family (hopefully) we will see how this works any way...

ATT36682839.jpg

ATT36682890.jpg

ATT12157831-1.jpg

Copy2ofuntitled.jpg

ATT32184915.jpg

I don't think I did that right, huh?

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Wow, I guess I would say you got it. Nice pictures.Can't wait to read the next few replys when they see your mixing your torts.I can say this because I have been there. Don't take it personally, everyone means well, and it's for the best interest of the torts.
Na

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
when we say don't mix turtle species there is usually a good reason behind it, but I hope it is usually said with kindness and not meant to be taken rudely. But here it goes mixing turtle species is bad, but I hope it is taken the way it is intended and not taken meanly. They are different species and they can carry bacteria that can make your other torts sick, but which may not harm the original carrier. Of course it is a personal choice to, I prefer not to because I would hate to think one of mine came down with something that is so easily preventable. nice pics though. What flowers are those?

Tortuslvr

5 Year Member
I know some suggest that, however the two Red foot and Russian have been together for over five years with no problems. The sulcata is relatively new to the mix but outside they all keep pretty much to them selves except for the Red foot (they are a pair) in a 30' X 60' area. I keep their area (feces) picked up-nightly. Inside the sulcata has an enclosure of his own 4' X 8' and the the other 3 are in their area they have always been together in.

Status
Not open for further replies.