Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

klb75

5 Year Member
Hello everyone!

I just recently rescued an african sulcata that was found wandering the parking lot of my father's work. My boyfriend and I have decided to keep him!! He will round out our reptile collection at (4) total. A 5 year old corn snake, a 2 month old ball python and a 23 year old box turtle. He will be staying with my boyfriends parents until we move into a house in the spring. They live in Lancaster, PA and have plenty of space for him to roam around and a nice space for him during the winter. I can't wait to build him an amazing outdoor enclosure and am already learning so much about the new guy who we have named Hercules. We had him quickly looked over at the reptile area of the large pet store up in Lancaster and the guys there say he looks very healthy.

We are ready for the long haul with Hercules and know that he is going to get very big. We just couldn't bare to give him away after seeing how much of an amazing animal he is. We plan on getting him fully checked out at a vet soon to make sure he is healthy. Anyone have advice for a first time tortoise owner?

Kelsey

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi! My first advise is to not fal to deep for him until you have looked for his owner for a couple of weeks. Then my next is to be prepared for an amazing journey! How big is he? Be sure to read all the inforation in here (tht should take you a bit of time) :D and then ask questions as you have them. No question is too silly or "stupid" to ask and you will learn we all love to give our opinions to you. :D Welcome! :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Kelsey!

Like Jacqui has said, try to find his owner. They must be beside themselves with worry over having lost him.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Welcome!! :) :)

I agree with the above!! If he did wounder off, his owners are probably so upser!! Usually when someone finds a tortoise, they post signs and try to see if he belongs to anyone first.....then decide if they are keeping him. Its kinda strange he was in a parking lot!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.