Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m5oo6

5 Year Member
Hi my name is Meaghan, I live in Connecticut with my red-footed tortoise Jimmy. I received her as a gift for my birthday and she currently is living in a tank in my room. When i got her from the pet store I decided to trust the advice they came but I am beginning to realize that everything they told me to do isn't the proper way to care for Jimmy. I joined the Tortoise Forum so that people with more experience could give me some advice on caring for Jimmy. I love her more than anything and I want her to live for a long time...I just need to find out if what i'm doing is dangerous to her. I posted pictures to give you a better idea of what she looks like.

p.s. I am not positive of the age of Jimmy, but she is about 5 inches long and 3 inches wide (roughly)

Thanks so much! :tort:

JIMBO SLICE 001.JPG
JIMBO SLICE 003.JPG
JIMBO SLICE 004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Meaghan, welcome! What a beautiful birthday gift you were given. I love the name Jimmy, how did you come up with that one?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) What a great, cute gift. As emysemys suggested, check out the tortoiselibrary.com. Then if you still have questions, ask away.

Status
Not open for further replies.