Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellie101

10 Year Member!
Hi, I'm Mel and from NJ. I don't actually own a tortoise yet but we're waiting to hear from some breeders and should own one (hopefully) within the next 2 weeks. Being in NJ is a pain as nowhere sells them here. This makes it difficult as I didn't really want to go to a pet store out of state or order one via the mail. Especially with a hurricane on the way. Fingers crossed we can find a breeder within a couple of hours drive.

I've spent hours and hours reading up on what I need etc. My head is spinning from it all. Lighting/heating and substrate are killing me right now. Think I'm going to go with Playsand/coconut coif mixture. I'm think I'm going to need the next week or so to solve the heat and lighting questions.

So thank you everybody on this forum for the endless support and info you have put on here. Its helped me so much

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
East Bay area
Welcome to tfo! We are always thrilled to hear of someone who is doing research before purchasing! One thing i have learned in the last 16+ years of tort ownership is that there is always more to learn.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Mel!

mellie101

10 Year Member!
Thank you. Waiting to buy a little Greek Guy. Fingers crossed. Won't collect until after the hurricane but all very excited here. I'll post pictures as soon as we have him. Thanks for making me welcome.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome!
You should find all of the information that you need on this forum.
It is a wealth of information.
Stay safe during the hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.