Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe roberts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
London
Hi all,

I've been reading so much on this site to help me start off on the right foot with my new tortoise, that I thought it was about time to join and introduce him.
His name is Orwell (well actually he's a she, but I had decided on that name about 2 years before i got him!) and he's about 2 months old. He's a Hermann and is the cutest, tiniest thing ever.
I got him from a really decent breeder who is recommended by the tortoise trust, who I can call whenever I need advice, which is great, but it seems there is also a really passionate and supportive group of people on this forum too.
Anyway I know I'll have lots of things to ask so looking forward to getting some advice and hopefully giving some one day!...
Zoe

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Zoe:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know where you are?

zoe roberts

5 Year Member
London
RE: Hello! (and help!)

Thanks for all the welcomes!
I live in London, which is where I also went and picked up my tortoise.

He seems to have settled in well, but I do have a little problem. The evening I brought him home, i gave him some romaine lettuce as it was a bit late to get anything or go to the park to get some weeds. Big mistake as now he wont eat anything else. I've tried chopping weeds/hibiscus etc into tiny pieces and sprinkling on the romaine, I've tried to not include romaine at all and be tough too. No luck. The problem is that he is so little that I really don't want him to lose any weight, but at the same time I don't want his shell to not develop properly and him to not have a varied diet.

Should I just leave the other weeds etc on the side so I'm still offering it but keep on with the romaine until he's a little older?

Thanks Zoe

Status
Not open for further replies.