Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hi to everybody,

I just joined TTF and want to thank everybody for this wonderful site with all the information and advise. I just recently acquired 2 RF's, Bonnie & Clyde. They are both babies, one is about 2.6", from a pet shop, the other about 3", some one had to re-home it... Let the addiction begin!
I'm following Turtletary's care sheet, and all is wonderful. The only question I have is in regards to indoor enclosure plants to keep the humidity. I found a lot of contradicting info when I did my research as to which ones are fine and which ones are poisoning. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dutch :tort:

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Hello Dutch welcome to the TFO :) can you post pic's of Bonnie & Clyde we love pics here on TFO:p

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum... If you know what type of plants you want just post a list and we can tell you if they are okay...

Dutch

5 Year Member
Virginia
Well, basically any kind of plant, maybe somthing like a fern or little palm. What I have so far is a spider plant, hen and chicks, a petunia and I put in a fresh pot of dandelion each day, which is eaten quickly :D

This are some of the first pics, the enclosure and decoration has changed. I took the pics with my cell, my camera is currently not working, but better ones will follow.

Bonnie & Clyde May 4th  2011 enclosure.jpg
Bonnie & Clyde May 4th 2011  feeding Bonanza.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dutch:

Welcome to the forum!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Dutch said:
Well, basically any kind of plant, maybe somthing like a fern or little palm. What I have so far is a spider plant, hen and chicks, a petunia and I put in a fresh pot of dandelion each day, which is eaten quickly :D

This are some of the first pics, the enclosure and decoration has changed. I took the pics with my cell, my camera is currently not working, but better ones will follow.

I have Hermanns so I do not know a lot about the redfoots recquirements, if you post pics of your enclosure in the enclosures section, I am sure someone will be able to help you.
I really like the list on Anaspid.org http://www.anapsid.org/resources/edible.html
Spider plant is not toxic but the leaves can be a skin irritant, Hen and Chicks and petunias as ok, dandelions too. I saw on a lot of sites that some species of palm are toxic but I did not find anything about little palm, is there a specie name to the palm or is it "little"? On tortoise trust web, it says that some wild species of fern are toxic.

Here is another list that I like http://www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/houseplants.htm

Dutch

5 Year Member
Virginia
Thank you guys sooo much for the nice and warm welcome! And thank you Isa for the plant links, I'll check them out now.
Also, I already want to apologize for any kinda typos - my first language isn't English and here is no spell check...:p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Dutch said:
Also, I already want to apologize for any kinda typos - my first language isn't English and here is no spell check...:p

Hi & welcome I think your English is great, especially since English is my first language and I rely on spell check!!

Status
Not open for further replies.