hello

Location (City and/or State)
Morocco?Marrakech
hello! i'm AYOUB from MORROCO, a new member. I have experience in breeding tortoise and i had a male tetsudo graeca his name is RONEY.
If anyone has any imformation,please share it with me

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Welcome to the Forum Ayoub. I was in Marrakesh about 15 years ago when I backpacked through Africa, it was one of the highlights of my trip!

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello and welcome from Cyprus!

As you've asked for information about tortoise care, you can start from this post:
It's for the new tortoise keepers, but still may be useful for the more experienced ones. At the end of that post there is also link to the Temperate species care sheet, there you can find guidelines more specific for Greek tortoises. Please ask questions if any!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
hello! i'm AYOUB from MORROCO, a new member. I have experience in breeding tortoise and i had a male tetsudo graeca his name is RONEY.
If anyone has any imformation,please share it with me
Hello and welcome. I've been to Morocco. I filmed a movie there with my dogs. I found it to be a wonderful country. The local food was delicious. Tajines and harira soup, mmmmm....

Here is lots of information. Look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Hello and welcome. I've been to Morocco. I filmed a movie there with my dogs. I found it to be a wonderful country. The local food was delicious. Tajines and harira soup, mmmmm....

Here is lots of information. Look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom.
'cmon @Tom don't "vague-book" us. Which movie??

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
'cmon @Tom don't "vague-book" us. Which movie??
"Body of Lies". My dogs attack Leonardo's stunt double in an alley. If you blink, you will miss it, but I got two weeks with a driver and a fancy house in Morocco out of it! It was a fantastic trip and the whole job went flawlessly.

Dogs are at around 1:30:

Reactions: Ink

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Living in LA I know "blink and you'll miss it" and that is NOT "blink and you'll miss it." That was a fair bit and very impressive.

When you think about that entire <3 minute clip and how overall expensive it was (extras, stunt doubles, even the guy on the bike falling likely was a stunt person) its kind of bonkers.

out of curiosity, the part where the dog is punched and whines, that is just sound-over correct? I always wonder how they get sounds of animals being hurt...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Living in LA I know "blink and you'll miss it" and that is NOT "blink and you'll miss it." That was a fair bit and very impressive.

When you think about that entire <3 minute clip and how overall expensive it was (extras, stunt doubles, even the guy on the bike falling likely was a stunt person) its kind of bonkers.

out of curiosity, the part where the dog is punched and whines, that is just sound-over correct? I always wonder how they get sounds of animals being hurt...
Oh yes. Sound effects. I think he was supposed to be stabbing the dog, but the dogs thought it was just a fun part of their play time. Whenever they are on a bite we pat them, grab a handful of fur and skin, playfully smack them, and generally get them used to being touched and rough housed with while playing the bite game. Its kind of funny to see it in person. A snarling monster of a dog trying to rip someone's limb off and the guy getting bitten going all coochie-coo friendly and petting the dog and giving it kisses WHILE its bitting.

Sorry for the distraction RONEY, but yes, I loved visiting your country and had a wonderful time there.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Oh yes. Sound effects. I think he was supposed to be stabbing the dog, but the dogs thought it was just a fun part of their play time. Whenever they are on a bite we pat them, grab a handful of fur and skin, playfully smack them, and generally get them used to being touched and rough housed with while playing the bite game. Its kind of funny to see it in person. A snarling monster of a dog trying to rip someone's limb off and the guy getting bitten going all coochie-coo friendly and petting the dog and giving it kisses WHILE its bitting.

Sorry for the distraction RONEY, but yes, I loved visiting your country and had a wonderful time there.
yes sorry for the distraction, but man I would love to see that IRL

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I had the very good fortune to see some of Tom's dogs in person...one, memory tells me it was a GSD, but it might have been a Malinois (they're nutty) anyhow...first he let the dog out of a crate...I asked if I could pet him, but Tom told me "no, he's not a pet, he's a working dog". He told the dog to get up on a box, once on the box, I have no clue what the command was but that dog came unglued, snarling, growling drooling, barking jumping up...he looked and sounded deadly. The dog never once took his eyes off Tom, I've never been afraid of a dog, but that one, at that time, the way he acted..holy sh*t...I think Tom may have snapped his fingers, it was long ago, anyhow in an instant that dog was the dog I wanted to pet before even wagging his tail. I seriously, have never before or since ever seen such a well trained dog, that wasn't military. That one exhibition was well worth the 1000 mile drive...

Reactions: Ink