Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Otselic, NY
Hi, Happy to find this forum. It looks super active. My name is Joyce and my Sulcata's name is Hershey. He's twelve this year. We are looking for ideas for a container other than the large kiddie pool he's living in now. We're in upstate New York and the outside grazing days are nearly over, so it's inside for the winter. I'm looking forward to reading through the threads.
Joyce

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Joyce:

Welcome to the forum!!

At 12 years of age, your tortoise might be big enough for a heated shed. That's what most of us use for the larger sulcatas.

My Dudley (107lbs) lives outside 24/7/365. He has an insulated shed that looks like an overgrown dog house. Inside the house is a pig blanket and an over head fixture holding a black light. Even on the coldest nights his shed stays at least 70 degrees. The doorway is covered with a vinyl strip door, and he goes outside anytime he wants to. When he gets too cold, he goes back in the shed.

Here's a link to the thread where I showed pictures of Dudley's house:

http://tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Housing-a-100lb-Sulcata

jnc

5 Year Member
South Otselic, NY
Hi Joyce:

Welcome to the forum!!

At 12 years of age, your tortoise might be big enough for a heated shed. That's what most of us use for the larger sulcatas.

My Dudley (107lbs) lives outside 24/7/365. He has an insulated shed that looks like an overgrown dog house. Inside the house is a pig blanket and an over head fixture holding a black light. Even on the coldest nights his shed stays at least 70 degrees. The doorway is covered with a vinyl strip door, and he goes outside anytime he wants to. When he gets too cold, he goes back in the shed.

Here's a link to the thread where I showed pictures of Dudley's house:

http://tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Housing-a-100lb-Sulcata

Thanks for all the welcomes. Your shed is really good. Our temps sometimes go to 0° and below in the winter, but I could bring Hershey inside on those days/nights. I need to do something, because this kiddie pool is totally inadequate.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Joyce! Nice having you joining us. Like the name Hershey.

Status
Not open for further replies.