Hello..

Faygen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Midlands UK
I've been here before but thought id best introduce myself again :)

I have previously had a Horsefield (Gurty) and a Hermanns (Thomas) however they are sadly no longer with us. :( (Reasons well beyond my control)
Its been a long time since they left me and honestly never thought i'd be visiting this page again as my wife has no interest in any pets of the cold blooded kind.
So imagine my surprise and delight when she asked me if I would like a new friend just before Christmas!!
So hello again guys meet my new best friend George!
He's 4 years old and was with a great owner before however they were moving due to Covid and were unable to take him with them.
I'm not ashamed to say I cried with utter joy when I first met him and am already planning his new enclosure in the garden for the summer.

Attachments

• george.jpg
    george.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 16

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Congrats on your new little buddy and thanks for sharing that story. I’m so glad that George found his way to you and your heart!

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I've been here before but thought id best introduce myself again :)

I have previously had a Horsefield (Gurty) and a Hermanns (Thomas) however they are sadly no longer with us. :( (Reasons well beyond my control)
Its been a long time since they left me and honestly never thought i'd be visiting this page again as my wife has no interest in any pets of the cold blooded kind.
So imagine my surprise and delight when she asked me if I would like a new friend just before Christmas!!
So hello again guys meet my new best friend George!
He's 4 years old and was with a great owner before however they were moving due to Covid and were unable to take him with them.
I'm not ashamed to say I cried with utter joy when I first met him and am already planning his new enclosure in the garden for the summer.
I TOTALLY would have cried as well...?

Faygen

5 Year Member
Midlands UK
Thanks for welcoming me and George cant wait to get to know you all and your shelled friends :D