Hello!

JenHunt

Location (City and/or State)
OH
I’m a brand new Tortoise momma. Just brought my baby redfoot home last night. He’s awfully quiet and not eating. I’m assuming he’s adjusting to his new environment without his tortoise buddies but any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I’m a brand new Tortoise momma. Just brought my baby redfoot home last night. He’s awfully quiet and not eating. I’m assuming he’s adjusting to his new environment without his tortoise buddies but any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum. Torts don't like change and it'll probably take a few days before your new buddy settles in and starts eating. Keep him warm and humid. You want to aim for temps in the mid 80s and humidity 80%+

JenHunt

OH
Welcome to the forum. Torts don't like change and it'll probably take a few days before your new buddy settles in and starts eating. Keep him warm and humid. You want to aim for temps in the mid 80s and humidity 80%+
Thank you. I held him for a while and he did seem cold. Once warm I was able to tempt him with strawberries ❤️