Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle lover123

5 Year Member
I have 1 res, 2 albino softshell,3 crowned river turle,variation or unnknow pair of turtles which i will post photos of later on and i have a pair of spotted pond turtle or geoclymis hamotini who are not well they have wounds on their shell and are inactive any suggestions or advice on what should i do

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
uk
welcome to the forum

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! Interesting group you have there. As for the help, it will not be very good advice unless you give us more information on how you have them set up, temps, how long you had them, ect.., (Of course by now you may have posted more detailed information and pictures in the turtle area...if so, ignore the before suggested items. ;)) Hope you get those two up and about soon.

P.S. Glad your here! :)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum :)

You will have to post pictures of the Spotted pond turtles wounds for us to figure out what to do for them.

Danny

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome I have to ask how do you know your Softshell is albino they are pretty pale to begin with, I would love to see some pics of them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Turtle Lover 123:

Welcome to the forum!!

Turtle lover123

5 Year Member
I had them for 2 weeks and then i had set a turtle enclosure and then when i realized they had wounds and were in active i put them in a tub with one rock i put 2 and a half capsules of terramycin 250 mg ,rock salt and reptisafe in the water .....i came to know they are albino softshells as they have red eyes.i will post the pictures of all my turts after i am done with my pair of the spotted pon d turtle as i am very worried

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think you need some vet help on the shell problem. Without seeing what you're talking about, we can only give you some general information. Usually in cases of water turtles with shell rot (we have no way of knowing if this is your problem or if its injuries) you have to dry-dock the turtles and give the shell time to dry out and heal. There are some solutions that you can use on the shell, like Chlorhexidine and Betadine. Can you take the turtles to a vet? It would be a shame to lose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.