Hello to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cprewitt

5 Year Member
I have just joined your group and already have learned a lot from the few threads I have read!!! I don't own a tortoise yet but am leaning toward a Sulcatta.....I currently have 6 aquatic turtles in a 2000 gallon outdoor pond which is inside a screened pool enclosure which off my back porch. Our house is on two acres and is completely fenced. We also have two Dreat Danes, a cat, and MANY fish. I wanted chickens but my husband said no. Someone was going to give me a large tortoise, an Aldabra, and then backed out. I am so disappointed but I started looking at tortoise rescue and other sellers so I am sure I will find one. I am in central Florida and have the location to provide a wonderful home. My husband is already planning the tortoise house (it will probably be nicer than ours!!!) I know you guys will be a big help to me as I learn about feeding, care, etc.
Cynthia

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) Wow, the thought of having someone give you an Aldabra is really nice, even though they backed out.:( There are a lot of sulcatas that need rescuing. Are you looking for an adult, sub adult or hatchling? Good luck p your search, we will help in any way we can. BTW, would love to see pics of your pond.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cynthia:

Welcome to the Forum!!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
A Redfoot would also do nice with your Florida weather : )

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
Hi and welcome! Last I saw online there was an adult Sulcata at Purebred Rescue of South Florida in Ft Lauderdale. Maybe worth looking into. I'm in Savannah Ga and was on the lookout for a Red Foot when I saw it.

sulcalcifer

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Wisconsin
Hello! I would defenitly recommend a sulcata! I own one and he is the best tortoise I could have asked for. I wish I lived in Florida, though, because that would be a great place to raise one!

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Hello Cynthia and Welcome to TFO!! :) we'd love to see pics of your outdoor pond :)

cprewitt

5 Year Member
theelectraco said:
A Redfoot would also do nice with your Florida weather : )

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

I am definitely considering a Redfoot.....open to anything really at this point.....

Status
Not open for further replies.