Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Tail is pretty big for one that size and anal scutes look pretty spread out in to a V in those pics. A straight on shot of the anal scutes and a shot showing the position of the cloacal opening on the tail could make me 100%.

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
Tom said:
Tail is pretty big for one that size and anal scutes look pretty spread out in to a V in those pics. A straight on shot of the anal scutes and a shot showing the position of the cloacal opening on the tail could make me 100%.

ok not a problem i will have those picture for you within the next 5 mins

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
ok i really hope this helps you

emysemys said:
I'm thinkin' male too. The anal scutes point out towards the back legs. On a female they usually point more inward. And most very young tortoises have the characteristics of female when they are small.

Your leopard tortoise is very nice-looking. Did you raise him from a hatchling? I would be interested in knowing how he was kept. We're going with the idea that babies require much more humidity when they're in their first year of growth in order to grow smoothly. Your tortoise is pretty smooth.

i didnt have the chance to raise it from a hatchling=( but thank you very much i do look after the tortoises shell alot :)

emysemys said:
I'm thinkin' male too. The anal scutes point out towards the back legs. On a female they usually point more inward. And most very young tortoises have the characteristics of female when they are small.

Your leopard tortoise is very nice-looking. Did you raise him from a hatchling? I would be interested in knowing how he was kept. We're going with the idea that babies require much more humidity when they're in their first year of growth in order to grow smoothly. Your tortoise is pretty smooth.

i didnt have the chance to raise it from a hatchling=( but thank you very much i do look after the tortoises shell alot :)

Attachments

• squirtle 1.jpg
    squirtle 1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 16
  • squirtle 2.jpg
    squirtle 2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 17

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sorry Dav3. Too much blur. It needs to be straight on, shell parallel with the lens and its gotta be in focus. Like this:

5fmat0.jpg

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
Tom said:
Sorry Dav3. Too much blur. It needs to be straight on, shell parallel with the lens and its gotta be in focus. Like this:

5fmat0.jpg

sorry i was using my laptop cam will try photobucket soon

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Either your scale is off, or it's very light for size. I have a female just shy of 5 1/2", and she weighs 625g. She's about 4 y o.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
I too agree t be off hat your scale must , my leo is 3-1/2yr and about little over 4 inches and about 400 grams....maybe its not 11 months old at all....is that possible?
100_0006.jpg

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
NEtorts said:
I too agree t be off hat your scale must , my leo is 3-1/2yr and about little over 4 inches and about 400 grams....maybe its not 11 months old at all....is that possible?
100_0006.jpg

ok 5 inch was a little off, it is 100 percent 11 months old

Attachments

• squirtle3.jpg
    squirtle3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 16

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
There is just no way that tortoise is 11 months old, I am sorry. They start out the size of a 50 cent piece and just don't grow that fast, even with major power feeding.

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
kyryah said:
There is just no way that tortoise is 11 months old, I am sorry. They start out the size of a 50 cent piece and just don't grow that fast, even with major power feeding.

i bought this off my mate who breeds them it was 8 months old when i bought it and its now 11 months old im sorry if you dont believe me but not every tortoise is the same, there all different and this was the runt of the litter.

yagyujubei said:
Are there two spots on the vertabral scutes? In the picture it's hard to tell.

can u please explain what is a vertabral scute?

Status
Not open for further replies.