Hello Im going to be a owner of a cherryhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrock17xx

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Hello everyone, Im going to be getting a baby CherryHead Tortoise this week. I have done tones of research and watched alot of care videos. This is my first time ever owning a tortoise, I have had tones of Lizards from Bearded dragons to Iguanas and everything inbetween. I was just wondering if anybody had any extra info i should knoe about, please let me knoe, theres never enough knowledge. Any tips on enclousures please feel free. Thanks and hope to hear the good info. by the way this is an amazing site...:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jrock17xx:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum (our "AMAZING" site!!!)

May we know your name and where you are?

Jrock17xx

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hello everyone, My names Jarret and I live in New Jersey. Buying a cherryhead for my son for Christmas, he loves tortoises!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Jarret!! I hope you and your son will have lots of bonding time with his (and your) Christmas gift. :) I thought about making some smart comment when you asked for extra information and that you had experience with lizards.... something a long the lines of "you should not expect to see your Cherryhead climbing the tree branches", but thought better of it. :p :rolleyes: He may of course help himself to food you intended for your lizards however. :D :tort:

phantoms

5 Year Member
Wilmington DE
Welcome Jarret!!! You have come to the right place for help. Everyone on this forum will help you out. I am new to owning a tortoise and turned to here for help.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Hi and welcome! I try to organize everything I learn in the Library, linked below, so I don't have to keep writing it out.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Hey Jarret. Welcome! I'm right across the water in SI. I have two Cherry Heads. Read everything you can in "the Tortoise Library". Great information, especially for a new RF owner.

Jrock17xx

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thank you all, been doing tones of reading today! really looking foward to our new tortoise. this site is very helpful.
@Jacqui i dnt mind humor, i hope i dnt see him climbing branches but if he soo happens to i will be sure to catch it on camera! lol :D

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcom to the Forum Jarret. We have LOTS of good ideas here from Diet to Enclosures.... ASK AWAY!

Jrock17xx

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hey everyone I got my new cherryhead today, hopefully the piks upload. Tell me what you guys think. Just have a temporary enclosure until my other one is finished.

Attachments

• IMAG0393.jpg
    IMAG0393.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0396.jpg
    IMAG0396.jpg
    812.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0403.jpg
    IMAG0403.jpg
    954.7 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.