Hello I'm Colton from Texas

coltonspidey

Hey everyone my name is Colton and I'm 16, I own a Sulcata hatchling and I'm soon get a P. Pardalis hatchling so I decided to make a forum account so I can share questions and hopefully learn more! Anyways thanks everyone

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Colton!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Colton and welcome from Austin area! Where are you in our great state? Also, do you have lots of room outdoors for the 2 large enclosures for those torts? I wish I did:)

coltonspidey

Hi Colton and welcome from Austin area! Where are you in our great state? Also, do you have lots of room outdoors for the 2 large enclosures for those torts? I wish I did:)
I'm near Fort Worth but more accurately I'm in Mineral Wells and yes I also have a 8x4 enclosure and I'm currently working on a 15x6

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I'm near Fort Worth but more accurately I'm in Mineral Wells and yes I also have a 8x4 enclosure and I'm currently working on a 15x6
Great! Will you have room for 2 separate tortoise gardens outside? They will need LOTS of space:) i'm enclosing part of my back yard for mine and as they grow I think the enclosed area will grow along with them

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hey everyone my name is Colton and I'm 16, I own a Sulcata hatchling and I'm soon get a P. Pardalis hatchling so I decided to make a forum account so I can share questions and hopefully learn more! Anyways thanks everyone
A very warm welcome to the forum!

Please post pics of your tort as well as his/her enclosure asap, so as to enable us to help you.

coltonspidey

Great! Will you have room for 2 separate tortoise gardens outside? They will need LOTS of space:) i'm enclosing part of my back yard for mine and as they grow I think the enclosed area will grow along with them
Yes

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
This is his temporary enclosure for now.. I don't feel comfortable in leaving him outside 24/7 I'll post pictures of his outside enclosure
Glad to hear it is a temporary enclosure. Torts do not understand "the concept of glass" therefore they'd just try to get out endlessly. This behaviour would cause a lot of stress. So the sooner you change the enclosure, the better. And good luck!