Hello! Got my first baby tort!

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
I was told they can live in room temperature. 68-80 is what I read in many places. I wanted my baby to have a temp gradient as well.
No, 60-79 is way too low. It might have been OK for a Russian tortoise, but not a tropical tortoise.
Read this.
Does @Tom Do redfoots? I can't remember, either way if he chimes in take his word like its the tortoise Bible lol. He knows his stuff and has been doing it for like 30 years

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
No, 60-79 is way too low. It might have been OK for a Russian tortoise, but not a tropical tortoise.
Read this.
Does @Tom Do redfoots? I can't remember, either way if he chimes in take his word like its the tortoise Bible lol. He knows his stuff and has been doing it for like 30 years
i’m pretty sure he doesn’t but i’ll still take his word.

Maine
BTW .. welcome to the forum and congrats on ur lil cutie!
Thank you!!!! I'm glad I came here.
. Wish I did before I got the tortoise. I relied mostly on reptile magazine and lots of youtube cate videos... as well as asking google questions.. then reading what it pulled up. But it would've been nice to ask people with experience. Things sounds good in theoretical sense

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
. Wish I did before I got the tortoise. I relied mostly on reptile magazine and lots of youtube cate videos... as well as asking google questions.. then reading what it pulled up. But it would've been nice to ask people with experience. Things sounds good in theoretical sense
Good luck!

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
Yeah.. all the info on youtube and facebook is mostly garbage.. old news. There are ppl on here w decades of experience. Uve come to the right place. Good luck!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I had the same issues. I got all bad Info, then I found this site and everyone was so helpful and helped me fix all of it and now my baby is so happy for it.

Maine
I had the same issues. I got all bad Info, then I found this site and everyone was so helpful and helped me fix all of it and now my baby is so happy for it.
I feel like especially with toetoises.... I watched many tortoise videos and they were all different.. and half of them had people commenting and correcting them! Lol. So its kinds scary .

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
And BTW.. nice tatt. This lockdown f*cked me! I was in the middle of finishing my sleeve... u know wat its like to walk around W a half finished tatt lol

Maine
And BTW.. nice tatt. This lockdown f*cked me! I was in the middle of finishing my sleeve... u know wat its like to walk around W a half finished tatt lol
Hahaha yes I do! My tattoo wasnt ckred in for a little while.... it took so ling so then I needed to let the outline heal and then get it colored... but it wasnt necessarily u finished. But thank yoj!
This shut down does stink!