Hello from Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whinhill

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maine
Hi,

My wife and I have just returned to tortoise keeping after a 30 year lay off for me (these are my wife's first tortoises). Of course the recent change in Maine state law's allowing some tortoises to be kept here has helped.

We currently have 9 tortoises; 4 juvenile red foots one juvenile cherry headed red foot and 4 adult Greek tortoises (T. g. ibera).

The red foots live inside over the winter in an 8x6 tortoise table the greeks are being prepared for hibernation now and are inside in a smaller tortoise table (3x6ft) and have just switched to fall lighting regime, prior to stopping feeding mid november and them being hibernated from early December until March.

As for me I work at the University of Maine, Originally from London, UK, but now established in New England and I'm looking forward to tapping into everyone experience on this board.

cheers

Ian

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ian:

I'd like to welcome you and your wife to the forum. I'm sure we'll have many pleasant encounters in our future.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Hi Welcome! you will love it here. Everyone is very helpful and nice. Feel free to post pics of your babies up we would love to em.

Status
Not open for further replies.