Hello from India

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
yagyujubei said:
Why would people suggest you order seeds? Stars are native to India, and their entire diet grows wild there. Do local markets have edible wild plants available in Mumbai?

Actually going out and finding weeds and plants is quite hard. I live in the country side in england and finding edible weeds and plants has been proving quite difficult.
Theres either been pesticides and chemicals sprayed nearby or you can't be 100% sure that plant is edible.

So buying seeds online is the perfect way to ensure they don't have chemicals on them and are edible. :)

gb328

5 Year Member
stephiiberrybean said:
I shall PM you when i've spoken to her.

For now if you can get this from somewhere, it will provide him with some form of fibre.
http://www.horsehage.co.uk/HH-Timothy.html
I believe a company called Graze on and Readigrass do a very similar thing.

It'd just be a way to provide him with fibre as there diet should mainly consist of grass and fibre.
(I knew being horsey would come in handy, eventually.)

hey thanks ! yes Im looking at some fibre options like you mentioned and will start including those !

thank you all for the inputs , advice and for the compliments for torty :) will try and source as much information as possible and also share my findings in the coming week!

About seeds and growing stuff in house - that's unfortunately not an option for me as I have no place for growing plants! So will have to depend on supermarket stuff.

Mina - Im not sure about illegal, but my friend said she got this one from her friend who actually found him in a creek in our city ! it was more of a rescue than anything else.. he was not snatched from the wild and is very well taken care of ! Im hoping its all good since Im really in love with him :) but thats for the tip off, I will investigate further !

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.